PlaceWar creates an open game environment in the metaverse where the players set the rules. Therefore, a guaranteed gaming experience has never been seen in other crypto games. Furthermore, it integrates battle and creation under an incentive mechanism to support both.
The project raised over US$ 40m in November, which was completely sold out in a couple of hours. However, Placewar’s $PLACE token is already trading, listed on CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap.
Lucrative Play-to-Earn Mechanism
Play-to-earn (P2E) is a revolutionary mechanism to align the interests of gamers and developers. Because of this, many pioneers are entering this race to use blockchain technology in gaming. As a result, this mechanism is changing the industry forever.
The competitive human attribute failed to change, so that’s why they envision PlaceWar becoming a self-evolving game led by the community. Hence, users add value, sign developers where they want to go, and after all, receive rewards.
PlaceWar will have additional features introduced over time. For instance, you may earn revenue from selling tanks, defenders, and in-game consumables. Additionally, there’ll be a fee when players build new tanks and defenses or craft new equipment.
Game Model Economics
PlaceWar governance token (PLACE) is a Binance Smart Chain BEP-20 token. Staking, in-game rewards, utility, and governance voting are a part of PLACE’s utility.
Three Battle Play Modes
PlaceWar is an artillery tank warfare simulation where each player executes their strategies. The game’s objective is to hit all enemies and avoid getting hit by them. At each turn, the player must decide the angle and power of his tank’s cannon fire to shoot enemies and needs to move out to avoid getting hit back.
There are three game modes:
- PVE Skirmish: The player will fight the leader using a squad made up of three tanks. Will fire one tank at a time to maintain the artillery. The player wins if he manages to hit the leader and end with at least one tank intact.
- Battlefront PVP: It is a battle where the player uses a squad of three tanks against another player and three tanks. The one who manages to hit all of the opponent’s tanks wins, ending up with at least one tank intact.
- Guild War: any player can initiate a ten versus ten-player arena depositing $PLACE or the in-game currency, $GEAR; the battle mode is going to be the identical turn-based artillery shooting for ten tanks on each side; the goal is to possess a minimum of one tank surviving while eliminating all enemy tanks.
Placedonia: The Game Environment
Placedonia, the terrain where Placewar battles take place, is made up of 90,000 pixels. Each Pixel is an NFT (Non-Fungible Token) freely traded. You can construct facilities and accumulate game items within your Pixel.
The Pixel also represents your home base where your tanks are parked. You can build defenses there using the items you earn throughout the game.
You compete with players everywhere to seek an area, so collaborating with others will improve your strategy.
Decentralized Governance via PlaceDAO
PlaceDAO plays the role of PlaceWar’s decentralized governance body.
The developers propose to improve the games managed by the community through $PLACE and PlaceDAO.
To avoid unequal governance, voting power is not only defined by the number of tokens. Older players will have a game-weighted average, making those who care about the system have more weight in decisions.
As a way to guarantee a permanent fund, part of the $PLACE and the P2E (Play-To-Earn) will be reapplied to the PlaceDAO treasury. Within the future, PlaceDao Treasure, governed by community members, will receive the fees generated in PlaceWar.
- Engaging Gameplay: Highly engaging artillery shooting gameplay.
- Metaverse World: open canvas world where players can own, create, or fight.
- More Ways to Earn: play-to-earn, create-to-earn, craft-to-earn, and predict-to-earn.
- Multichain NFT System: Supports BSC, Polygon, Conflux, and IoTeX with an NFT Bridge supported by BoringDAO.