Even so, getting ahead can be challenging for all the little guys trying to make an impact. It’s expensive to do business, and small companies are often at a disadvantage because they don’t have the capital of larger companies.
Now they don’t need it.
IPwe has leveled the playing field with a unique funding solution for companies seeking to innovate and create: a global patent market where members can share a pool of patents.
The Origins of IPwe
In 2018, Erich Spangenberg founded IPwe to build the world’s first Global Patent Market.
Since then, IPwe has created a blockchain technology stack, enhancing AI performance, improving data capabilities, and expanding a partner network to produce actionable business decisions for IP assets.
In other words, IPwe has been hard at work.
This solution enables smaller companies to innovate in a way they couldn’t before without large amounts of cash. IPwe makes patents accessible to small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) that would otherwise not be able to afford them.
Some highlights of IPwe’s business model:
- The Smart Pool can facilitate the adoption and product development needed for blockchain technology to become part of global technology infrastructure.
- Tiered pricing starting with free membership for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with annual revenues of less than US$1 million, making participation easy for SMEs.
- US$500 memberships for SMEs with annual revenues of between $1 million and $10 million.
- Pricing for the largest enterprises in the world with revenues over $10 billion is US$225,000, which is significantly less than typical pricing for patent pools in other industries.
- Participation in the Smart Pool does not require members to make long-term commitments to their innovations.
- Through membership, participants reduce their due diligence efforts required to assess existing inventions and thus more efficiently manage a key commercial risk with the opportunity to build on and improve innovation in the blockchain ecosystem.
A New Partnership with nChain
Earlier this month, IPwe and nChain, an enterprise-grade blockchain company, announced that nChain would be the first Founder of the Blockchain Smart Pool.
This partnership provides established businesses and entrepreneurs access to over 1,250 patents and patent applications from nChain.
“We are in the early stages of a technology that we believe will become as prevalent in enterprise IT solutions as cloud infrastructure is today, and to achieve this level of penetration; we want to see ecosystem-wide growth.” – Hakan Yuksel, CEO of nChain
Patenting the Future of Blockchain Technology
In 2021, IPwe released an NFT marketplace for patents. Now IPwe and nChain together offer patents and access that will spur innovation in technology.
As blockchain technology advances and attracts more users and innovators, IPwe will be at the forefront to help companies on their journey to make new and exceptional products.
No matter the size of the company, they all have the same opportunity to access a growing pool of useful patents. And with those resources, they will help create a better future for all of us.